At St. Mary's we're committed to the well-being of the children and vulnerable adults in our care.
- All of our adult helpers are DBS checked
- We have a designated Safeguarding Officer named Debra Ritsperis, tel: 01608 646202, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We follow the Diocesan Code of Safer Working Practice and our Safeguarding Policy can be found here
- We are supported by the Diocesan Safeguarding Team, who can be contacted here
- Our adult helpers receive Diocesan safeguarding training, and the Training Portal login area can be found here
- Promoting a Safer Church: House of Bishops Policy Statement can be found here
- The Parish handbook is here
- Our policy statement on the recruitment of ex-offenders is here
If our clergy, church wardens, volunteers or any member of the congregation have any safeguarding concerns, these must be immediately reported as follows:
Important contact numbers:
In an emergency: call 999
Parish Safeguarding Officer: Debra Ritsperis, 01608 646202, email@example.com
Diocesan Safeguarding Officer: Please call: 01865 208295 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for urgent safeguarding concerns, Mon to Thurs 9am to 5pm and Fri 9am to 4.30pm.
Out of Hours Safeguarding Helpline: For enquiries outside of operational hours of an urgent safeguarding nature, please call our partners Thirtyone:eight (formerly Churches Child Protection Advisory service (CCPAS)) on +44 (0) 303 003 1111. You will be able to get confidential advice, guidance, and support.
Vicar: James Kennedy, 01608 646202
Churchwardens: Tim Woolcock/Graham Povey, email@example.com
Oxfordshire County Council (Children): Kingfisher Team (sexual exploitation), 01865 309196/ MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Services), 0345 050 7666
Stop it Now: 0808 1000 900
NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
Further help can be found here:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 08457 90 90 90 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).